Caption: Scally Torres dazzles in a unique evening gown by Jasz Couture.
A BIG thank you to all our friends and fans who voted for our friend Scally Torres when she participated in Miss Glamour 2012 (10th anniversary) in Gibraltar. She won Miss Catwalk! Now she needs your help to compete in Fresh Faces 2012. Why should we support Scally? I’ll tell you why. (cont..)
Scally is 16 and is the youngest model in Gibraltar. Despite being under the average height for models (she’s a petite 5’4”), she has worked hard to get where she is. Runway models need to have a blank canvas look and fit a certain body type. Scally has a characteristic face and is slim yet curvy! (cont..)
We admire people who fight against all odds and persevere on to achieve their dreams and goals. And who doesn’t admire someone who breaks the stereotype? Scally has turned her “difference” into “uniqueness,” which is exactly what I’ve done with my career.
Scally Torres now needs your votes to go to compete in Fresh Faces 2012, a modeling competition in Barcelona. She will be representing Gibraltar and Europe. This opportunity could give her career another boost and a contract with Traffic Models. Please support this young talent succeed in her chosen career path. CLICK HERE and hit the “Vote” button. It only takes a second!
* Like most of us, Scally Torres faced rejection several times which obviously made her stronger. She pushed herself to succeed, worked hard… and is getting there.
* She walked the runway during Fashion Week Gibraltar, which I inaugurated.
* Her boyfriend Aidan Montero, 16, is the youngest photographer in Gibraltar and like Sally, works hard to achieve his dream.
* Aidan works with models, beauty queens, pageants, events and fashion shows and magazines. He has also captured Caprice Bourret and Myself (Yay!) in his lens.
* This young couple know Gibraltar like the back of their hand. They seem to know everyone, helped me network and kept us company after fashion shows.
* These childhood sweethearts have been together for 3 years and are both very clear about where they’re going in life. Isn’t this picture just cute?
* Aidan practised his photography skills on Scally when he was a beginner. Now he handles her PR. How cool is that?
CREDITS: Photos by Aidan Montero. Make up by Debbie Goodman. Hair by Claytom Yome and Monika Palinkas. Scally Torres was sponsored by Blue Spirit Jewellery (Gibraltar), for the Miss Glamour pageant.